The 12th Annual RE$EARCH MONEY Conference
Budget 2013: Checking the Pulse of Canada's Innovation Policies
9-10 April 2013
National Arts Centre, Ottawa
| Speakers and Panelists
| Conference Program
| Proceedings and Presentations
Complete Conference proceedings are available for download here.
Thank you to all who attended the 12th Annual RE$EARCH MONEY conference. The level of conversation at the event was inspiring! A special thank you to our partners for helping to make it happen. We hope to see you all again next year!
Join the Innovation Conversation
Supporting a successful innovation strategy is crucial for a country to stay competitive in today's global environment. Budget 2012 was a work in progress, signaling some potentially significant changes in the way the federal government supports business innovation. A number of recommendations from the Jenkins Report are being implemented, where others were implicitly acknowledged for possible consideration in future budgets. Some were ignored altogether.
Our last conference in May 2012 focused on the implications of Budget 2012 for innovation in Canada and was an overwhelming success. We will continue the conversation at the 2013 conference by looking at Budget 2013 and what it signals for emerging government policies, priorities, and strategies that affect Canada's innovation ecosystem and culture.
What to Expect
- An amazing program with 6 keynote speakers
- Working lunch with a keynote by Tim Bradshaw, Head of Research & Innovation at The Russell Group in the UK
- Four interactive panels addressing unique perspectives within the innovation community
- Displays from prominent members of the innovation community
- Several networking breaks and receptions
- Over 100 delegates including VPs of Research from universities across Canada, CEOs, entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists, policy analysts and a variety of other representatives from government, industry and academia
- Optional formal dinner on April 9th including a keynote by Dr. Darrell Bricker, the Chief Executive Officer at Ipsos Public Affairs Worldwide